Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Autumn Blessings


Photo credit: heartwarmingvintage.blogspot.com/
The Fall of 2012 has brought so many blessings to our family that my heart swells. Weddings, engagements, new babies on the way, new homes, first steps, diplomas, Grand kids starting school, new jobs, new friends. So much to be thankful for. The fact that I was able to retire from my job last year and can now thoroughly enjoy these wonderful occasions makes them all the more special. I still have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure that I'm not caught up in a daydream. The joy of not having to set an alarm clock and fight my way through the morning rush makes that first cup of coffee in the morning taste like liquid gold. And what better to go with my favorite java? Some old-fashioned baked goodness. My daughter and I made these yummy pumpkin cookies over the weekend, and I wanted to share the recipe with you. I would like to give credit to the original recipe creator, but someone shared it with a co-worker that shared it with my daughter, that shared it with me. Whomever you are recipe creator-we thank you!

Pumpkin Cookies
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees

4 cups flour
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
Drop by rounded teaspoon on to a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Frost while still warm.


Brown Butter Frosting


10 t butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
Boil 3 minutes. Cool.
Add powdered sugar til spreadable
Tip: If you keep it warmer & thinner you can actually dip the cookies to frost. This frosting recipe makes enough to frost a small boat. I cut it in half and found that it was plenty. It's very rich.


Yum!

Wishing the blessings of fall to one and all,

Susan

No comments: