Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"I'll Be Home For Christmas"...


..."You Can Count On Me"...

..."Please have snow and mistletoe, and presents under the tree"...

These tattered German carolers have seen better days, but who else to sing a little Christmas tune?? Not this off-key sister, that's for sure. Only in my car. (*smile if you've seen that!) 

I found  a few more similar characters at East State Antique Mall in Rockford, Illinois, but they didn't survive the trip home very well as you can see by their shabby hats.

Party around the Christmas tree!


Quite a few items that aren't up to snuff for my Auntie Sisters booth end up displayed in my home until they can be repurposed, repaired or sent to the happiest of places, Goodwill. This Swedish angel is a survivor from a box of ten that didn't make the cut. The guy behind her just had his squeezebox re-glued. Sounds a little weird, doesn't it?

Aren't they sweet?

Never the less, the tiny bits of Christmas cheer displayed around my home make everything merry and bright!

German smoker with his hat repaired.

The handwork and painted faces are so simplistic and charming, how can I even think of retiring them?

Definitely a little worse for the wear., but I love their expressions.


Speaking of  "retired", the holidays are so much more enjoyable for me now that I'm not under the stress of commuting to work and worrying about deadlines or sales goals. Yippee Skippee! I am able to fill my days with family and crafts, Auntie Sisters, and friends. So that's what I'll be up to for the next few weeks, and celebrating my sixth wedding anniversary with my honey at  Pheasant Run in St. Charles, Illinois. Come on by for a wee bit of champagne and help us ring in the New Year!



Merry Christmas To All! See You in 2013!


Holiday Blessings,
Susan

1 comment:

Words and Pictures said...

What wonderful little figurines - they are delightful! To answer your question, the printer was fine, but the photo canvas I used is specifically intended for inkjet printers. It's not cheap unfortunately - 2 A4 sheets for £1.25 is the best I've found so far, but I'll definitely keep checking as it was so lovely to do!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Alison x